What will be expected as my role as Producer / Artist by others?
- The producer must be able to take a managerial role when in studio and effectively produce the session.
- A producer must be open to new techniques and ideas recommended by the artist and studio engineers to achieve the best sound possible.
- Others will expect me to have a working knowledge of the studio environment and be ready to make quick decisions.
- As an artist others will expect me to be rehearsed for the session.
- All instruments will have to be tuned and ready for playing.
- Basic composition knowledge will be important for artists to effectively write new ideas.
- As an artist I will be expected to be prepared for the live performance and to work well with the rest of the band.
What will be expected of other musicians?
- I expect other musicians to work professionally in the studio environment.
- Artists must stay on track when recording and composing songs.
- The studio environment must be prepared for use by the engineers / potentially with help from the producer.