Extended Music Project Progress (03/03/17)

Today we were able to record the final drum tracks using various new mic placement and recording techniques. This was our second time recording this part of the song due technical issues in the last session. This time we used different microphone placement. This applied to the snare drum, overhead microphones and kick drum. We used two microphones for the kick (D112 / SM58) for a punchier sound and adjusted the placement of the overhead and snare mic’s. We also changed the crash symbol size due to it not giving the desired sound.

I also learnt how to use some of the outboard gear such as the C-5021 compressor. This gave the recording a punchy natural sound when recording. Below are some images of the setup process and the initial recordings.

17238358_1656799884337178_26518460_n.jpg

.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s